The Nursing Home Transition & Diversion Waiver program (NHTD) uses Medicaid funding to provide support and services to individuals who are nursing home eligible, but would prefer to stay in or return to their homes. Waiver programs are specifically for people who would otherwise be in an institution (nursing home, hospital) for long-term care. The NHTD Waiver program includes additional support services, such as counseling, life skills training, structured day program, transition services, assistive technology, and more.
The NHTD Waiver was developed based on the philosophy that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the same rights as others, including the right to remain in control of their own lives and receive care in the least restrictive setting possible. Venture Forthe echoes this belief in everything we do.
There are several eligibility criteria. You may qualify if you:
- Are Medicaid-eligible
- Have an identified living arrangement and address1
- Require a nursing home level of care2
- Are between ages 18 and 64 with a physical disability, or age 65 and older upon application to the waiver
- Are able to live safely with available community resources
- Are not currently enrolled in another waiver program