The TBI (traumatic brain injury) Waiver program is designed to allow individuals who have suffered a traumatic brain injury or stroke to stay in or return to their homes and continue to make choices about their own care. Waiver programs are specifically for people who would otherwise be in an institution (nursing home, hospital) for long-term care.
The TBI Waiver promotes traumatic brain injury care and recovery in the least restrictive setting possible, such as a person’s own home, or the home or a loved one. The TBI waiver program at Venture Forthe includes an assessment to determine if additional services, such as counseling, life skills training, structured day program, education, or employment support, are needed.
There are several eligibility criteria. You may qualify if you:
- Are Medicaid-eligible
- Have clear medical documentation of a traumatic brain injury or acquired brain injury
- Have an identified living arrangement and address1
- Require a nursing home level of care2
- Are able to live safely with available community resources
- Are between 18 and 65 years old
- Are not currently enrolled in another waiver program